Tuesday 4 January 2011

TASK 3 - How will I promote myself?

Based on the principles that have been introduced so far in the Enterprise module and your
findings in previous tasks, evaluate the most suitable marketing methodologies for your
own practice and the most effective methods to reach your potential customers.

Key things to consider:
What do they want to hear?
That you are there to improve their reputation/appearance
That you are the best
That you know what  you are doing
You are a professional

What should I say to them?

How will I communicate with them?
Not using technical graphics terms that they won't understand
Through visuals, work, drawings
One on one, email

 Summary

Looking at the marketing communication mix in terms of my own practice I am  to work through the options of advertising, direct marketing, personal selling, public relations and sales promotions, some obviously more suited to my practice than others.

Firstly I am going to evaluate direct marketing with regards to my practice. Marketing myself will need to take shape through a variety of self promotion methods, directly affecting the customer. This can be done through the use of mail shots, emails and online,  my website One negative of this is that it can be annoying to customers or generally anyone who perceives this as junk mail and may simply be annoyed.

The use of advertising myself may take the form of a website which later in the year I will set up to promote my work and my practice. This is possibly the most cost effective way of promoting yourself and makes use of least resources, can be done in the space of my own working are.
Personal selling would be an excellent way of getting to know customers and build up a reputation, working directly with clients/customers, the key being to engage, inform and persuade them. The benefits of this at the early stage of my career would be to build up connections and relationships to get my work known and recognised. I suppose the negative would be knowing how to act and work with customers initially and also how  to go about reaching these customers and having the time to visit them.



No comments:

Post a Comment